I found an amazing project based around Body Diversity and lack of equality in society and media that is being done by Bear With Lee Illustrations. Essentially he is creating an illustrated book containing images of all different body types of real drawings that he has done of real people!
He has stated that he wants to cover all the following: Shapes, sexuality, identities, sizes, builds, races, disabilities, scarring, markings, ages and anything else in between.
His guidelines for the project are as follows:
- Must be in underwear or nude (can cover genitalia with hands or a prop if shy).
- Must take a clear picture (as detailed as possible, like shown).
- Must be front on.
- Must be similar dimensions to my example, body shot wise. (Ie no laying down on a bed with chaos around you etc).
- Must be in color and complete the simple questions at the end and send back with image/images.
- Do not send pics of you aroused or masturbating.
- Do not take a selfie either mirror based or holding your phone/camera.
- Do not face tune or Photoshop the shit out of it before you send your submission in (if you do you are missing the point entirely)
There is full frontal nudity beyond this point.
Do no tread down this road if nudity offends you or you are under the age of 18.
I decided to take part in this project myself since I’m not ashamed of my body and am comfortable with nudity.
Below is the photo I submitted to the project
I also briefly talked about on twitter & proudly shared the nude image of myself that I submitted for the project to all my followers.
I hope this encourages others to partake in this amazing project! It’s time society learns to loosen up a bit when it comes to nudity.