Terms & Conditions
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Matt Crawford as Snap Geek Photography. “The clients” shall be those persons defined as the customer or model who booked the session. These terms & conditions cannot be varied in any way by the clients unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the photographer in writing.
The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assigns the copyright of the images to the photographer.
To enhance your experience on our site, many of our web pages use “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. Once you choose to provide a web page with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie is like an identification card. It is unique to your computer and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Cookies save you time as they help us to remember who you are. Cookies help us to be more efficient. We can learn about what content is important to you and what is not. We can revise or remove web pages that are not of interest and focus our energies on content you want.
If you want to control which cookies you accept. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website’s server. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. You may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies.
The client(s) hereby allow(s) the photographer to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, sample albums etc.
CREATIVE LICENSE, COVERAGE AND REPRODUCTION
- Photographs taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the photographer although every effort will be made to comply with the clients requirements.
- Special requests are not binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client’s wishes. The Photographer/s will do their best to honor the requested photographs but do not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangements due to changes in weather an the availability and willingness of subjects.
- For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer’s movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer’s choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
- Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colors may alter throughout a set of photographs.
- Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
- A non-refundable booking fee of $50 will confirm your booking, as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on the photographer’s website.
- Payment in full of the remaining balance will be due the day of the shoot.
- Additional goods ordered must be paid for in full at the time of ordering.
- Titles to all goods remains with the photographer until paid for in full by the client(s)
- In the very unlikely events of cancellation by the photographer or of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid.
- The photographer will endeavor to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding, traffic conditions, vehicle breakdown etc.
DIGITAL NEGATIVE FILES
- All digital negatives (raw files) remain the property of the photographer.
- Should the digital negative files be lost, damaged of destroyed for the reasons beyond control, the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of any deposits and fees paid, but shall not include a refund for any goods already received.
Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
The photographer will endeavor to deliver digital files as quickly as possible. Clients can normally expect photos in 1-2 weeks, however this could take up to 4-6 weeks during busy periods.
- The model will be asked to sign a model release form prior to the shoot. If the model refuses to sign then the photo shoot will not proceed.
- The photographer will provide final images to model with watermarks. Images provided without watermarks will be subject to a fee.
- The photographer asks that models share the final images they like on their modeling profiles on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc and tag Snap Geek Photography in said post. See bottom of website for social media profiles relating to Snap Geek Photography.
- Doing so will help promote and fund me to continue to offer TFP sessions in the future.
- Models that fail to meet this requirement might not get the chance to work with me in the future.
- The photographer will tag the model in posts posted on social media provided he knows the models social media profiles.